Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Alternatives to horns

If you held out for years then you're a better man than I. It took me 1.5 years with KLipschorns before I gave up. I worked with them a lot to get them to sound right but couldn't. What you describe is exactly what I was dealing with, some music sounded great but there was a lot of music I simply couldn't enjoy and never played.
Having said that, I'm not sure Klipsch is a good representation of horns.

I first bought Tekton Katz Meow V1 and later Lores. If your room is small I would think either would do, I have both and in my small room I prefer the Katz at the moment, but I swap them every so often because I like them both. I was shocked at how the 8" Katz filled the room and gave me most of what the KHorns gave me but without that 'thing' that drove me nuts. The 10" Lores are fuller but not quite as articulate. They do excellent in my larger living room.
I drive them with a 2A3 SET @ 4 watts. The lack of a crossover really seems to make a big difference in the amp's ability to play well.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.