Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

It might work.

I plugged it into Horn Response, which isn't the perfect tool for such a thing. But, I think I can interpret the results well enough. My biggest worry is the giant suckout at 100hz. I think a great deal will depend on stuffing. Were I you, I'd rig a way to listen to it without attaching the final side. Thick weatherstrip and clamps. Then play with stuffing: density and placement.

You probably won't like this idea, but I'd also skip the tile and concrete. First, you need all the box volume you can get. Second, those corners will help to keep midrange frequencies from traveling down the line, which in my mind is quite desirable. You don't want midrange coming out of the terminus if you can avoid it. The bass that you are trying to reinforce with the line won't care a bit about the reflectors. The wavelengths we're talking about are too long to be affected either way, so better to have volume and midrange filtering. At the very least don't worry about the tile until you've made certain that the box will suit your needs (by clamping a side on and listening).

Finally, let me know your results! I sure would appreciate some pics over on my forum. And if this little box works well, I bet others will be interested in duplicating it.

Paul

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • It might work. - Paul J. 09:31:10 10/20/10 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.