Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

cornwalls versus audio nirvana / fostex

I've recently moved back into the territory of SET. I'm driving Cornwalls with a 2A3-like 6B4G amp, and I am pleased, but not floored. For as realistic as everything sounds, the presentation is still sooo dark (as you say). I was suddenly accosted today with a sale pitch to switch over to Audio Nirvana drivers (www.commonsenseaudio.com) by designer of said drivers (I was shopping for tubes). Anyhow, he got me thinking. I tried doing some searches on this forum for audio AND nirvana, but these words are pretty common (nice that so many here have achieved some nirvana, but also annoying).

What I really want to know is, if I try out his suggestion what should I expect to hear? I'm hesitant to do this without some more neutral opinions because unless my wife is impressed she will raise heck. I think she would like me to have a smaller foot print speaker, but it had better sound better too.

I'm thinking of some Super 12 drivers in a 2.5 Mk II enclosure, to keep with equal efficiency and bass extension as the Cornwalls. Are these a good option from this line? Are there better speakers for the money? These look like a good buy.

Feel free to back channel me if you want to be discreet.

-Steven

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - cornwalls versus audio nirvana / fostex - steven13 16:18:00 04/16/07 (18)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.