Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: idea of a omnidirectional system with upfiring horn + frontfiring horn, any comments ?

Thanks for the clarification.

As I'm sure you appreciate, big speakers done well will outperform small speakers - the problem is big speakers are unwelcome in most rooms. Now if they're big and look great, they have a much better chance. I'd say you are way, way ahead of most manufacturers in that regard. My compliments on your having combined elegance with massiveness. Do you have an artistic or industrial design background?

In my experience, a large stand-mount speaker is tough to sell. I think the perception is, a speaker that takes up that much space might as well go all the way to the floor. I have manufactured two large stand-mount speakers and both have been slow in the marketplace. One of them I simply stuck in a floorstanding cabinet, and it has done much better in that format. So, if I were going to suggest a model for you to focus on first, it would be the "Sonata" - in my opinion it's the one most likely to appeal from an aesthetics and practicality standpoint.

Now there is a certain appeal to the innovative "Bariton", but that one would be more of an uphill battle because you will be challenging more preconceived notions (mine included). As a dealer, the "Sonata" is the one I'd be most interested in selling (hypothetically). And as a manufacturer, the "Sonata" is the one I'd least want to compete against (fortunately I think it will be well above the price range of my offerings).

At some point "hobbyist with intent to sell" becomes "manufacturer" - just be aware that the day is probably not far off when it would be appropriate for you to register as a manufacturer.

Just for the record, I'm more of a dealer than a manufacturer (though I do a little of both), so that's how I'm registered.

Best of luck with your venture!

Duke

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.