Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: 90% (Not even close)

John

Maybe I'm a little slow on the up-take. It took me to the end of Lorne Gunter's article to realize that it was supposed to be humorous. This guy's funny: "Water vapour is the most abundant greenhouse gas, yet scientists will admit they understand very little about its impact on global warming". This funny non-sequiter would imply that scientists don't understand the global effects of clouds on the weather, but Mr. Gunter does. He then goes on to describe his speculative theory of how water vapor functions in the planetary scheme "(it may actually help cool the planet: As the earth heats up, water vapour may form into more clouds and reflect solar radiation before it reaches the surface. Maybe. We don't know.". Naw, really? The scientists Gunter is satirizing must have been home schooled with 19th century texts.

As to the computer models siming global warming having been flawed, computer models are only as accurate as the information you feed into them. Carbon dioxide levels can be accurately measured way back through pre- historic times using arctic ice core samples. Now you're way ahead of me in seeing tree hugger grant money behind these studies, and a possible green thumb on the scales.

Now for the U.N. trying to gain control of the internet to redistribute the wealth. You'll have to elaborate on this, the current U.N. is about as effective as a fart in a windstorm. You must mean some potential super U.N. of the future, like the Empire in Star Wars?

I wish you would have put the" man portable nukes" stuff before the UN joke. I can see a man portable dirty bomb though. The last time we saw a hydrogen bomb (after a 60's plane crash) they were about the size of a naval torpedo. Anyone who could lift one of these, not to mention carry it, would be a force to reckon with in their own right.

Now that MBTE stuff looks like a cause that both liberals and conservatives can get behind. You mention trillions spent on research to stop volcanic eruptions, but I can't tell once again if you're yanking my chain or not. I'll bite: how will they do it? Either stop the volcanos or get the trillions will be good..

Someone needs to correlate all this with the price of plywood. I'm betting on a bull plywood market, so build your horns now guys!. Anyone wanna take bear?

Paul

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.