Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Help me choose among these Altecs

i think i am in a good situation but sadly i need to get rid one set of speaker among these three. 1) The magnificent 2) model 19 3) The valencia. They are all nice speakers and each has their own characters but all are very efficeient espeically the magnificent. I like the magnificent with my SET setup due to it's sensitivity but lacking the bass which the model 19 has. I like the valencia because it's got strong bass which is just right for me but lacking on the highs that i'm looking for probably due to the 806 used instead the 802 for the magnificent and the 19. I also like the 19s for the mids and highs but the bass is little to much thump for my taste IMHO.

i listen to all kind of music and really depends on my mood. All my equipments are tube stuffs some PP and some SET but no transistor stuffs. Yes, i spin vinyl and also at time uses CDP. My room size is 20 x 15

i need to downsize a bit to make wife happy, so one pair has to go which one and why. I know some of these are not easily replace once i got rid of it and that's why i Like to know what everyone thinks.
Please also consider the collectability of these equipment has anything to do with your decision.

TIA
Ray

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Help me choose among these Altecs - Ray Pearlman 11:49:04 04/10/07 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.