Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: I'll take a stab at informing an ideologue

"nonsustainably and difficult to find"

The hardwood plywood I'm referring to is mainly Oak, Walnut and Birch which the U.S. has in abundance and available by the trainload from Weyerhauser and Georgia-Pacific among others.

"Furthermore, using so much ply for concrete forms is generally a
wasteful practice which squanders finite resources, and so that's
little excuse either."

Almost no one uses other than metal forms for pouring concrete. Of course, you're reaching there because you well know I was referring to construction grade manufactured wood as sheathing, structural and underlayment. All uses that preserve resources and lower costs.

"I'll take the solid, qualiy, affordable, sustainably harvested/farmed option, thank you ..."

So will we. That's why millions of acres are planted with conifers every year and "old growth" hardwood trees are harvested under strict controls. No "old growth" forest owner, including the Interior Department wants to see this resource depleted.

"I'll take ... sustainably harvested/farmed
option, thank you --Baltic birch ply."

So will I, when building speakers, as I already pointed out. But being an ideologue, you never miss a chance to get on your anti-American Soapbox.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: I'll take a stab at informing an ideologue - Square Peg 18:53:04 04/07/07 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.