Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

First HE speaker project

I am new to tubes, but I have the bug bad. I am at the point where I really neeed to buid speakers compatable with my amps. I would like to get your opinion on my idea, keeping in mind that I know next to nothing about HE speaker technology.
I would like to have some Onken cabinets built, as I have a local cabinet maker who can do this. I currently own a set of JBL D130 drivers, and LE175horns with N1200 crossovers.
If I used these in this cabinet, along with Altec, or Jensen 16" speakers for bass drivers, bi amped, would this produce satisfactory results as a full range speaker. If so, what crossover point would you suggest for the bass driver and this set of JBL drivers, with the N1200 crossover.
If you think this is a bad combination please don't hesitate to say so, as I only want to do this once, and do it right. I really just want to wind up with an excellent finished prduct. Thanks in advance for bothering with such beginner questions. Rick.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - First HE speaker project - rickyd 17:02:10 04/07/07 (12)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.