Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: I need a bass solution for 30-250 hertz, what are my options?

Greets!

Yes, a FLH can do it, but it will be quite long if not carefully folded or use multiple drivers to truncate it. I've tried several paths and kept coming back to dual HE 15" with low Fs, Qts in a large, simple cab tuned well below the passband and use EQ and the room to help with the > ~80 Hz BW since I never minded using as much power as required. Combo cabs were fine back when there was little source material below 70-80 Hz, but speakers like the A7 are woefully inadequate for such a low Fb unless you use mass quantities of EQ to flatten them in-room if not corner loaded, defeating much of the reason for using them in the first place.

Actually, if you're a welder/metal worker and don't mind the weight, metal cabs are the 'Hot Ticket' since their Fs will be above the passband and only minimal damping will be required to quell any reflections back through the driver.

GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: I need a bass solution for 30-250 hertz, what are my options? - GM 18:11:43 04/02/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.