Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: stick with the fostex

Thanks for the tip.

The BLH I am building is Rons Austin A126 for a (modded) Fostex FE126e (see fullrangedriver forum and my thread at diyaudio.com). The only other BLH I've listened to was a zHorn Heruka (sp?) with an FE168Sigma. I wasn't impressed at all -- bass was boomy and the last octave was MIA. Admitedly this was in an el cheapo system but I wouldn't call that a high ender by any stretch.

You got me on the tweeter: I was considering a madisound TA90A supertweeter with the accompanying XO (XOed at about 10k AFAIU) to help with the last octave...:)

Anyway, the A126 looks cool to build and budgeted accordingly for a first try :). If I like what I get I'll might very well go down this path (Lowther/PHY on BLH or OB, BassZilla, whatnot).

I'm a total newbie to BLH, OB and wide rangers but if any single driver in a BLH / OB -- or (most probably) a combo with a self powered sub and supertweeter -- can give me what the Gallos currently are _then_ I'll raise my hat and bow in respect. That's why the Prometheus looked like a very good candidate. But....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.