Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Shock and Awe in Indiana

Don opened up with Tom Danley's Fireworks and War of the Worlds, bad guys come out of the ground, and soft liberals like myself jump under couch pretty much. Then a trip to Albert Hall for the Cream reunion. Very loud and clear, like being at the show, no strain. Don's rig is very open and musical, non fatiguing. He treated us to several more bass sensations and some obscure music that you Freddyi seems to have inspired :-) Plenty of weirdness out there in the Indiana corn fields.

The TH is about 90x15x17 and by itself goes a little lower than the four Half Labhorns, which in turn may be a little fuller sounding? Crossover was undetermined using a HT amp. I'd say there was a little room to fill around 80-150Hz. I brought the Brian Bromberg "Wood" disc, and playing the opening track bass solo, I heard the full bottom of his beautiful instrument. It is interesting to contemplate how much bottom "headroom" you need to experience the freedom of bass. ( sorry if this sounds like a Steeophile review :-(

I still wonder how high up in frequency this type of devices are useable. The bottom though was unbelievable.

Thanks Don, you da man!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Shock and Awe in Indiana - Mats Gunnars 09:20:18 03/25/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.