Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Altec Lansing Voice of the Theatre?

Andrew---When Altec mounted the treble horn inside the cabinet they turned it upside down so the short basshorn was at the bottom.

All your components are proper VOT stuff; there was a bewildering number of combinations but rest assured all your stuff is Kosher.

The port varied in size whether the horn was mounted insdide or on top, that's why there are two different sized boards running across the port; as I recall if you use the horn inside you remove one board and you leave both boards if the horn is atop the cabinet. There is a wealth of information online on VOTs and a little digging will get you the correct venting.

I don't hold with using tweeters. If you want more extended highs than stock (and they are rolled off stock) I suggest one of the compensated crossovers that passively EQ the midrange down to extend the highs. The Model Nineteen used such a crossover and there are plans for the Nineteen crossover and other compensated crossovers online.

Email me at irishtom29@hotmail.com and I'll send you plans of a couple of compensated crossovers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.