Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

You say potato, I say potato...

hmmmmm... doesn't quite work, does it?

Far as I can tell Bill Woods' conical horns are very similar in concept the what I'm calling a "waveguide". So I could probably say "conical horn" and that would convey the same idea to those familiar with - not to mention that around these parts that would be the more politically correct terminology!

As Kevin P notes, the term "waveguide" emphasizes pattern control rather than acoustic gain. And of course it's more socially acceptable in monkey coffin circles.

Kloss and Steve give me the benefit of the doubt on the basis of my helping to spread awareness of the true gospel. So far most of my customers have never owned a horn-based speaker before.

One writer making the rounds in Las Vegas noticed and apparently approved of the use of prosound drivers by several manufacturers (including yours truly). So hopefully I helped raise awareness among the press about high efficiency, though my 92 dB baboon-coffins probably don't even quality as entry-level high efficiency around here.

Duke

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • You say potato, I say potato... - Duke 12:36:35 03/22/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.