Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Jadis JF-1 Crossover - Help? Manual? Anything?

I have just come across a Jadis JF-1 tubed 2-way crossover for the wrong price so decided to pick it up and try it out - especially as it was supposed to have been specifically built for my 4-way speakers.

I would welcome specific and generic help.

Questions:
Has anyone ever used a JF-1? Anyone have a manual they'd be willing to scan/email or copy/snailmail to me? I'd happily reimburse all associated costs/etc.

I have never used an active crossover. I am wondering how to hook everything up. I hope it is as easy as it looks. I will use my existing monoblocks to power the woofers. I am going to temporarily borrow another stereo amp to drive the mids/tweeters before finding the next amp (looking now for a SET amp).

I am currently assuming I should run the pre into the Jadis crossover (will worry about idea of attenuating post-crossover later), two pairs of outs to two pairs of L/R channels (two amps or two sets of monos), then run speaker cables from respective amps to 1) the bass amp to the bass speaker wire (which currently attaches to the external crossover), and 2) the mid/high amp to the set of three connectors (which currently attach to the external crossover) which I will bunch together and connect to the speaker cable y-plug using nuts and bolts (because the wires from the drivers to the currently used external crossover have weird "o-shaped" connectors currently attached to the crossover using nuts and bolts).

Am I missing anything here?

Any idea of where I could buy highly-conducting nuts/bolts as connectors?

Does the crossover internally take care of the difference in sensitivity that the speakers it was meant for (Jadis Eurythmies) have between the bass and mids/tweets (the bass is 96db and the mid/tweets are 104db I believe) the way the associated passive crossover does?

Thanks in advance.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Jadis JF-1 Crossover - Help? Manual? Anything? - travisty 16:35:57 03/19/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.