Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Raising of Seismic Sub from floor Bruce or anyone

When I set up my edgarhorn system I was advised:

If you are on a slab, you are lucky. I would think Dr. Edgar would recommend placing them on the floor. I cannot imagine boxes this heavy benefiting from any kind of stand.

If one has a wood floor, it was recommended that one place the speaker on top of a slab of stone. Dr. Edgar had mentioned the use of a sand box for the TITAN cabinet. I had no desire to BUY a stone slab so I made a sand box for the subs, also.

I have used this set-up for the last few years and find it to be
satisfactory. In other words, I am not lacking for any bass.

I, also, added external bracing for my sub cabinets. Mine are made of MDF, when I bought my first cabinet this was all that was offered so when I got the second, in the interests of continuity, I had it made of the same material. But, I did use many 2 x 8's on the outside of both cabinets, glued and screwed to the structure. Of course, BARANEKS law assures that I found it to sound better after this modification, but I do believe there is zero overhang of bass tones. The bass produced is prodigious and fast.

I have not heard anything like it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.