Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Ping KenL - karlson kuestions

Hey KenL - whadya think are good tradeoff for the front pipe's shape, aspect and area vs Sd in a Karlson-type? does one want to exceed Sd in any part of the front chamber? when will a coupled-cavity peak appear? how does one avoid dip? how does measured response correlate when music is a mix of transients and steady state may not be reached?

is there a lumped front chamber tuning which would be indicated by a 3rd Z peak if vented (2nd if sealed)?

does a tall front pipe behave differently than adding volume to the front pipe via stub-cavity?

fixing pipe volumes say to K15 level of around 2-2.2CF, what happens if a 15" woofer coupler were narrowed to 18"-19" width and raised to around 48 inches?

does raising wings do anyhing good? - (seems to me that's not needed if aperture is favorable)

what can be done for reflectors including sidewall? In a normal K, things are kept reflective and for transient's sake, means of getting a bit more energy directed towards the slot might help (?)

I'd ditch K's but they've been some of the best players dynamically speaking vs reflex and a number of horn. Transylvania's tube works well and subjectively I'd take it over DDS 90 although muck with "non-K items" in attempt to "fit-in" hahahaha

Freddy

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Ping KenL - karlson kuestions - freddyi 09:51:11 03/15/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.