Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Now I remember seeing your pics before

I'd get hits when I googled Edgarhorns.

These non-rectangular rooms have many extra issues to deal with but they can work very well. I'll offer my experience and hope that it gives you some ideas. From the looks of it we have very similar floor plans for the front end of our listening rooms. The back wall in your room is very different and I'm going to guess that it is adding to your woes.

The optimum speaker placement for me has always been 1/3 into the room from the wall behind the speakers. I try to keep the drivers no closer than 2' from the side walls. This puts the left speaker almost exactly in line with the corner that opens into the other room on the left side. I noticed your placement has the speakers even further into the room. I know this may not help you much since you have quite a bit more gear to fit in than I do.

I really believe that you would benefit from some absorption treatment on the right wall. The back wall is going to be more of a challenge. If you look at where the opening is going past your record shelves you'll realize that it also on the left side. So you loose even more reflections from that side. I don't know why this causes the imbalance to be on the left side, but perhaps some of the guys over in the Rives forum can explain that one. You may have better results if you move the record shelves and just let the back of the room open all the way across. You'll still have that one corner in the back but some type of fabric draped on the door should help with that.

Good luck!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Now I remember seeing your pics before - Dan_ed 06:54:07 03/12/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.