Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Edgarhorns imaging a little off--I think??

I had similar imaging although slightly. Along with the off center I had definitely more db on the side it pulls towards. The difference happens in my slouching position vs my standing position. Standing is pretty much centered while in my fav position it (the voice) pulls left i.e 11 to 11.30 on the clock.
It appears my "L" shaped setting of my furniture (WAF) does not help.

the 2 sides of my room are not the same due to cabinets and record shelves. They are a given. Swapping my Edgars Titans left to right ( I did not consider : ) Hey guys I dont even jog or walk : )

Success : Recently I remeasured and then thought to pull the left speaker backwards(away from me)by approx. 4 inches and adjusted my cartridge vertical (as in looking at it head on and used a 1:2:3 (machinist block) making sure my suspension platter was level with counterbalance with 2 other 1:2:3 forming isoceles triangle on my platter. Then using the verticle 1 inch edge of the one block to sight the cartridge body. It was very slightly off. Next was the pressure on the grove wall Its easy with my ET2 arm as all I had to do was adjust the feet: bounce the arm and see if it settles bias front or back. I now have center in my slouching and stand up position. These jouney was 8 months off and on. Occassionally I get a minor drift - I think it can be the musician picked up by an adjacent mike when in the course of playing faces his partners mike more than his own.

So inspite of an assymetric room ( due to WAF) I persisted and I eventually lucked out. I know it can be frustrating but I did alot of tweaking both mechanical( toe in or out of speakers) electronic ( tubes caps etc) related.
Dont feel alone and good luck....

Best of luck

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Edgarhorns imaging a little off--I think?? - Nutube 06:00:26 03/12/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.