Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Bee there done that. Open Baffle with Fat Magnet Lowthers is magical.

Look up "Je Labs" on the web. Build YOURSELF a pair of the simple Open Baffles and start out with a pair of Jon VerHalen's Lowther PM6a's (Alnico magnets) I have descovered recently (Purely by accident cause I aint smart enough ta thunk of such thinns on my own) that Lowther Alnico based drivers are "Magical" in this simple Open Baffle designd. Waaaay more so than even my more expensive DX-4's. I have Medalon III cabinets, with all internal turns slowly bent/curvedrom Baltic Birch layering. Also have pair of Tractrix 150 HZ front horns, and both 1.3 and 2.5 Big Port Baltic Birch boxes. It goes without saying that at least one subwoofer will be absolutely needed . Spent lots of time and money (not to mention hassle) either building, having built, or purchasing cabinet types to maximize my full range driver collection (which is fairly vast), just to realize that he simplest OB with a specific driver type does the trick.

I have just finished putting together three more OB's of varying sizes. All will include a 15" OB woofer centered ten inches off the floor and powered and crossed (likely around 150 HZ with Bashplate amps). Gonna find out if tall and wide or tall nd narrower baffles withh an added helper woofer will add something to the magic already derived using my simple squatty Je Labs OB's crossing my corner loaded subs around 85 HZ? Oh, by the way, I ALWAYS run my Lowthers without any filtering or crossovers. I have always heard sonic degredation with either limiting my full/wide rane drivers. Good Luck.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.