Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Yeah, team!!!!

So I can expect pretty solid bass down to pedal reeds.

With a 5th to 6th order slope below Fb everything should be just tickety-boo, too!

I liked your gentle points, about 'needless precison!!!!'

;-)!

In case you were wondering [ ;-)! ] the main sphere 3 is going to have a smaller radius-matched front baffle, leather-tex coated multilayer MDF over lead-sheet onto the sphere, to improve the already good diffraction performance / get rid of the port opening's surface area!

Poking out the back will be a clone of B&W's N80n sphere head-unit rear trumpet. Which is a 'centre-node damper'.

But it will be sized to help in the mid-bass up into the mids. Kind of an inverted trumpet, and suitably surface treated and shaped for appearance/SAF! I may seal the end of it or use an acoustic resistance unit (Dynaudio made a version).

I may need to find a friendly potter (and wheel) for this trumpet's looks.

I will also be experimenting with 'CAN I HEAR?' an additional 'smaller' NoS Foster soft-dome tweeter, but rolled in to meet up where the bigger one dies away at a bit above 13k. It will be in its own pod on top, with a dished base, of turned wood, so I can adjust it front to back by ear!

Or try out one of those tiny rear-mount 3/4 inch car tweets that are hardly wider across than their own domes. Madisond has some titanium ones on sale!

Warmest

Timbo in Oz
The Skyptical Mensurer and Audio Scrounger

And gladly would he learn and gladly teach - Chaucer. ;-)!

'Still not saluting.'

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.