Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Get On Up Off The Floor

Open baffles that is. I have been using JE Labs style OBs for about two years now. They are terrific and I only had one minor complaint about them. The image/soundstage height was lower than I liked. I finally decided to do something about it and had bases made for them. These bases raise the OBs 12” off the floor. I wasn’t concerned about a reduction in low frequencies because I was already using a powered sub with them (hidden behind the right speaker).

Well the bases did the trick and then some. Not only is the image/soundstage height at a more proper level, but I also gained some significant mid-range “presence” (to borrow a term from Tannoy). If you are using JE Labs style OBs or any OBs that have the bass/mid-range (or mid-range) driver near the floor, I would strongly encourage you to experiment with raising the baffles. You may need to add a powered sub, if you are not using one already, but the expense will be well worth it.

Gerry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - Get On Up Off The Floor - Gerry E. 11:29:55 03/08/07 (4)

You can not post to an archived thread.