Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Dayton OB Woofer, from One Audiofool to Another

Hey Jeffrey,

Glad to share--link at bottom.

I've done lots of virtual shopping, and this is my favorite so far:

Specifications: * Power handling: 350 watts RMS/600 watts max * VCdia: 2" * Le: 3.08 mH * Znom: 8 ohm * Re: 5.2 ohms * Frequency range: 20-500 Hz * Magnet weight: 90 oz. * Fs: 20.8 Hz * SPL: 88.2 dB 1W/1m, 90.0 dB 2.83V/1m * Vas: 11.11 cu. ft. * Qms: 12.08 * Qes: .69 * Qts: .65 * Xmax: 14.3 mm * Dimensions: Overall Diameter: 15-1/8", Cutout Diameter: 13-7/8", Mounting Depth: 7-3/8", Magnet Diameter: 6-1/2".

The low Fs gives wonderfully flat response in Thorsten Loesch (sp?) 's xlbaffle.xls spreadsheet simulation of my baseline OB setup--basically flat down to 30Hz, down 6dB at 20Hz. Yay!

And they're $110/ea for quantities of four or more--perfect for my two-per-side concept. I haven't found anything near the cost that looks so good for my application. The Augie is more efficient, but not as flat or extended. I don't care about efficiency, because I'm going active with sand amps on the woofers.

Encouragement, guidance, and warnings always appreciated. ;)

Hope this helps,

George

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Dayton OB Woofer, from One Audiofool to Another - Dr Deville 23:16:37 03/06/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.