Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Bruce Edgar's 80Hz horns. I've never see so many angles!

I really like the look of open horns with no cloth covers. No offense to Bruce, but I'm pretty sure I can do something a little more attractive than what is provided with the Titan kit. Hey, you really pay for the design but I now have a great deal of respect for Bruce's or his helper's skills with a table saw. I've got to believe there are some jigs involved when they do it. Anyway, I started to build some clones off of the kits using a plywood upgrade from my local supplier. WOW! I'm having a lot of fun but this is also very challenging! So far, so good. I've made a mistake or two but nothing that I've not been able to recover. I've also learned that there are a couple of better ways to go about this than what I've done so far.

As a part-time, somewhat serious woodworker this is a great project. One needs to like piecing a puzzle together. One also needs to have a solid table saw and really know how to use it. A friend of mine wanted to know why I didn't make the horns out of hardwood. I thought about it, but I'd be heartbroken if I saw a split a year or so out after so much effort. Besides, the main goal is something that sounds awesome!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - Bruce Edgar's 80Hz horns. I've never see so many angles! - Dan_ed 18:41:13 03/05/07 (10)

You can not post to an archived thread.