Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

In that case George

I will forgive you:)

If I can be of any service in the design of your preamp or amp just ask. The guys on diytube are sharp (sometimes ruthless) if you can post a schematic.

Other than you going with a wide range driver and me going with a compression driver/waveguide combined with midrange we are doing the same thing. It was just to much to bear....the thought of digitizing my vinyl....so we also differ on crossover as I will try an analog one. Be sure to get the behringer mike and spend some time reading. Likely you will need to attenuate the behringer outputs.

I'd need to see the behringer schematic to really comment. But what the mods are is very much the same as what is current practice with CD/DVD/DAC these days. An output transformer is a great answer because it is a bandwith limited (and gets rid of a coupling cap). Remember the stage you are ditching is a brick wall filter at 20khz. The good news is your ears, speakers, and output transformer in your SET are all pretty good filters at that hertz.

Russ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • In that case George - Russ57 16:39:36 03/05/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.