Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: This got me hooked. luv your w-bin - here's what i might use

I sure like your K-horm bass bins, if I still played I would have liked to try them except for hauling them around. I started out playing tenor but my younger brother played better than me and 'bumped' me from our wedding/jazz group so I switched to bass. Started with a borrowed full upright but quickly got tired of manuvering it in the car so I got an original Fender Jazz Bass. Because we played weddings and jazz lounges we were constantly changing venues in a weekend so I opted for smaller more portable amp/speaker combos such as Ampeg and others. Went though several and ended up with a Yamaha B115 head and scoop bass horn. A bear to bring up and down stairs but it sounded great. Like you, after a few thousand gigs, carpal tunnel, arthritis, and age caught up with me and now I only play with the 'greats' on CD's at home. Played from age 14 to 45 and it fueled the 'hi-fi', high effeciency fever and stills continues to set the standard by which I judge systems. Lots of my musician friends are audio nuts .. I think it comes with the territory, they (and I) just don't know how to do anything else with their spare time. I remember the first New Year's eve that I was on the dance floor instead of the bandstand ..weird!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.