Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Frazier-May speaker info? - Here's some vintage Frazier brochures ..but

Yeah...no question....I got lucky on that one. it "seems" that someone designed it well, but who knows how it will really sound? I was not willing to bid much higher because I figure my investment was really in the trannies if the overall circuit was not well done or was too complicated etc. But heck....you can't even get a decent piece of crap from overseas delivered for that price. I liked that it had adjustable feedback because I was not sure when I purchased it what kind of HE speakers I might find. I'm wondering what drivers to hunt down for the FM's. It sounds like the guy selling them has some experience, so I'm going to pick his brain when I go to get them. Do you have any thoughts on that? It seems like I could also mount a pair of FR JBL 8" that's I have (D216's) with some kind of a baffle to cover up the 10" hole? Is that doable....or would I ruin an otherwise vintage pair of speakers?

Also, if you look at the auction for the Frazier-May speakers that I just bought you'll see that the seller was also offering a SET EL34 amp. He didn't repost it yet, but he did list it once before (reserve not met) so you can see it in his completed auctions.

I'm going to ask if it's still for sale because it sounds like his asking price was just 150-175 which might be too tempting for me to pass up with the new tubes in it as he is describing.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.