Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

FULL DISCLOSURE

Jonathan Weiss' memory is WRONG, so I'll take this as a welcome opportunity to set the record straight just in case anyone else is also confused or harboring doubts about me:

1) Precisely as I said in my post, and as I have said repeatedly in the past, I went to CES2006 working for Feastrex as their paid interpreter, NOT as their so-called "representative."

2) I also helped them with the translation of their website over a year ago. I also translated the text for their sole brochure over a year ago. I was paid for those translation services.

3) Anyone who cares to visit the Feastrex website will quickly be able to tell that it is woefully out of date. It is woefully out of date because they don't feel the expense of hiring my services as a translator, and the services of other professionals needed to properly maintain the website, can be justified at the present time. If I had any sort of an economic interest in Feastrex, you can sure I would see to it that their website was updated to at least reflect the products that Feastrex is actually selling.

4) I make my living working in the structured finance division of one of Japan's largest securities companies. Most of my work involves the securitization of real estate -- large office buildings, resorts, entire hotel chains, etc. I used my precious vacation time from work to go to CES 2006 when I could have been relaxing with my family instead. I did receive compensation from Feastrex for my services there, but the fact remains that I did it as a favor to them. Compared to what I make in my work in the securities field, that money meant very little.

5) For two months prior to CES2006 until about two months after CES2006, I had on loan a pair of Feastrex Dimension 5 loudspeakers. Those were very good, but not as good as the version that Feastrex is currently selling. Those loudspeakers were returned about one year ago, and I have not had any Feastrex loudspeakers in my possession since then.

6) Although I do not currently have any Feastrex speakers, I do have five pairs of fullrange loudspeakers made by a now-defunct company called Exact. All of these were obtained on the local second-hand market. Exact and Feastrex fullranges are somewhat similar in appearance and basic concept, but as enterprises they are totally separate entities. I have written extensively about both brands online in the past.

7) I have been offered long-term loans of Feastrex products and I have turned them down so that I could truthfully deny any conflicts of interest when the inevitable challenges to my status and motives come up in online discussions. I will soon be purchasing a single pair of blemished fullrange drivers from Feastrex (their D5nf model) at a reduced price in keeping with their blemished condition. I will be able to budget that purchase by divesting some of my Exact fullrange drivers.

8) Frankly, writing about Feastrex fullranges and a few other high-end Japanese loudspeakers that I like, such as the now-defunct Exact brand and the recently resurrected Maxonic brand, is a pain in the backside, especially when people make ill-informed comments suggesting that perhaps I am doing this for economic gain. I don't need to write a single word online about these products in order to be able to enjoy them on my own. In fact, it is somewhat ironic but I would actually have more time and money to enjoy these things on my own if I never wrote a single word about them! But these products and the vision behind them are unique and important, and I think the world will be a richer place if this information is "out there." I think the same is true of the Cogent True-to-Life Loudspeakers that Jonathan and Steve and Rich are working on, and if I had access to them the way I have access to interesting Japanese loudspeakers, perhaps I'd be tooting Cogent's horns too.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.