Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Tom Danley at AES Chicago

Hi Tom

A BBQ sounds great, but Kurt would have the longest drive as he's in California now ; ) I had kind of forgotten, in my other post, that the Synergys could be used as sound re-enforcement speakers. This in itself is amazing, that a speaker with pro-sound lineage could sound so good playing music. Good enough to compete with anything you would be likely to find at one of the hi-end shows. I look forward to hearing them well set up in a better space. FWIW My friend was the one that asked you about your CD player, and suggested that you use a better one for demos. Here's how to handle this if it comes up again: tell em the player is modified. This should shut most people up, unless they ask what you did to it, and if you get secretive, that just makes it better. Kevin Hoskins brought over a modified Pioneer DVD player once that was the only moderately priced CD player that has bettered my moded Rotel 855, so people will respect a hot rod with a modest pedigree. Ya gotta be careful how ya handle those neurotic audiophiles ; )

Good luck with these speakers, they are winners!

Paul

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Tom Danley at AES Chicago - Paul Eizik 13:03:36 02/22/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.