Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

personally, I would.....

put them in a front horn... it would be rather short... like, say a 75Hz horn... you would still get that wonderful 515 sound up to your crossover point... and then *good* woofers below that... you have to add something to the bottom anyway.. I don't think they will do what you want from 20 to 500 in any cabinet without eq and that would kill the efficiency even more... and use up the little travel you have... maybe even damage those wonderful old beauties..

plus, the front horn will bring the efficiency UP to close to the horns... a good thing as padding down is always sonically tricky...

so...

288's in tar filled 805's from 500 up..
515's in a 75Hz horn from near the flare frequency to 500...
good subs below that..
add super tweeter for fun...

just my opinion... but the opinion of a guy who has 515's and Onkens and basshorns and 288's and rca's and jbl's and.... :^)

and I can help you with the design of the basshorn.. it would only be like three feet deep.. and a mouth of like 24 x 30... (off the top of my head)... and simple construction... approximations are fine for these frequencies...

Peace,
Me

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • personally, I would..... - JeffreyJ 13:42:45 02/20/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.