Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

I suppose you saw my post below

The one about measuring and freq. response? I don't know if you have gotten around to that yet. It might be helpful. Might be that the constant directivity boost you put in is too hot?? Maybe, if this is your first horn, (it is mine) we aren't used to the somewhat more upfront nature?? Running mine as both a 2-way and a 3-way I find I like a paper cone mid even though the horn is much cleaner. The paper has more warmth and just sounds "right" on stuff like piano and cello. But the horn is better on stuff like bells/vibes.

One trick I employ sometimes, and it seems darn near perfect, is I drape some frabic over my horns. I used armchair covers! Very scientific, the right size, and happened to be in the listening area. I suspect when I measure I'll need to pad down the horn a tad more. Likely need to deaden the room too. All concrete and plaster. I have not fooled with deadening the horn and some guys talk about lining the inside with foam.

Anyhow, speakers are a bitch compared to tube stuff. Way more areas, like physcoacoustics, to need to know than I care to learn.

Russ
P.S. I'd blame darn near anything/everything before I blamed the TAD:) Now don't tell anyone over yonder, but my horn is actually smoother with a solid state amp than my previously sweet sounding tube amp! Seems an awful lot of guys here run the sonic T amps and I doubt you or I would consider such a thing.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I suppose you saw my post below - Russ57 09:26:53 02/18/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.