Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Roof was Just finished

Funny you should ask now:) They ended up torching down some stuff in a small section and recoating everything. We have to let it cure for 60 days and they put some granulated crap on it. The basic roof was sound, just hurricane scrubbed of gravel, so I guess it will be okay.

With the speaker stuff...I guess I am just frustrated/overwhelmed. With an amp I can hear things and know what to do....a coupling cap here, a tube there. With the speakers....well I don't know how things interact yet. So it is not trusting my ears so much as not knowing what common speaker problems sound like and the solution.

But the bright news is I feel, and friends agree, that what I have managed so far is a lot better than the commercial stuff I could afford. But now I want to get a little more serious and incorporate measuring....and down the road modeling software. Economically it makes the most sense for me as I simply can't afford to buy a bunch of drivers (and especially crossover parts) and build a bunch of speakers.

But maybe that is flawed thinking and I'd be better served to simply follow some proven designs?

Russ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.