Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Yorkville U15 and Foam

My 'ultimate' hope with the U15's is to go completely active with dsp xovers, although I'm not entirely sure how long it may take me to get there. However, yes - I'm fully expecting to have to EQ the horn back to flat after adding the foam. It's not just a matter of adjusting the sensitivity, since the impact will also be frequency-dependent. If the impact is truly 10dB it may be a problem with my current amps, but I'm planning on building some Hypex UcD's, so maybe that'll just accelerate the process.

I have temporarily simply added some Acousta-stuff to the woofer cabinet. It does indeed come 'empty' from the factory. I'm planning to try plugging the ports for a sealed alignment, but this will obviously require some significant eq and boost to work.

I'm very happy with the U15's as home speakers - they are at least as good as I was hoping for, and for the price of the rat-fur versions, they're an amazing bargain IMHO.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.