Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Can the so called "horn sound" be fixed by digital equalization?

"In case you hadn't noticed, the lead post was a none-too-clever troll"

You say it was. I don't agree. Artemis is not the first person to ask the question here and elsewhere. And the answer is clear isn't it? "Horn sound" is an acoustic problem and has to be dealt with through acoustic means.

Even the most well designed wave guide is going to have Higher Order Modes but fewer of them at lower levels and they still need filtering through acoustic means. Geddes identified the problem exactly, even for his own well designed waveguides, and came up with an elegant solution using reticulated foam.

But this has nothing to do with what you say is "pattern control."

"but his pattern of making gross mis-statements"

You say so, but I saw no such pattern.

But I did see a pattern of personal attack. If you will remember, a person actually made up an alias with which to attack him.

This much is clear to me: I learn a lot less from this board since Geddes left. On the other hand, no doubt some folk are a lot more comfortable here since he left. They win, I lose. I don't feel polite about it.

Let me put it this way: The High Efficiency Speaker discussion board had the participation of one of the few real experts on acoustic waveguides and horns, so it drove him away. This was not behaviour favourable to our own interests, was it?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.