Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Anyone use the Fostex T500 recently?

Hi Dan_ed,

I believed that I might be the first to apply T500a MK-II on Edgarhorn system(about 10 months now) and I would like to share some of my experience with Edgarhorn owners.

Initially I was using the Fane 5022 tweeters that came with the speakers but always felt it was a bit on the harsh side and somewhat directional. Then I bought the T925a(108db eff) which, IMO, made a big difference in overall sound cohesion and frequency extension. However, About a year and half ago, I read that Fostex is coming out with T500a MK-II that has the efficiency level up from 104db(MK-I) to 110db(MK-II) which I knew would be a excellent match to my Edgarhorn system, I immediately ordered a pair. And as much as I liked the T925a, to me, the T500a MK-II took the Edgarhonrs to a whole new dimension. Sweet and Silky smooth delivery, wider image with deeper sound stage, the frequency extension(up to 40K Hz) really filled the void on the upper register which neither T925a(less efficient, sharp roll-off pass 20K) nor Fane(20K Hz limit) could achieve.

Dr. Edgar has visited my place numerous times listening to his Edgarhorn system with the new tweeters, and he likes them a lot.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.