Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Church Of Olsonology...ahhhhh - not Weems ! -

Brother Freddy

Horns and T-lines have many similarities and can both get rather large. As to viceral power, the back loaded MM's (with horn mids and tweets) made one outing as a sound system for a rock band at a block party back in the 80's. They had no trouble keeping up with the band, powered by my 300 Watt bridged Hafler and home made 16 X 4 mixer. When the band took a break, a couple of girls and me made an inpromptu reggae jam band. Because there was no bass player, I cranked up the kick drum mic, and it was pretty viceral. The girl on the drum kit had to get used to having that much horse pressure at the end of her foot. A classic M.I. big magnet/low Q driver would work great with this horn. My Dad built the smaller 8" version, and even with a cheapo driver, it could rattle the windows with his 120 W. Citation back in the late 60's. With a larger horn mouth (achieveable by adding a superstructure to the front of the cab) the MM's can go down to the driver Fs, about 40-45 Hz in the case of the EVM15B.

Bless you my son.
Rev. Paul

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.