Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

That's a great-looking box!

I posted on that thread before, but for some reason the picture of that enclosure wasn't visible at that time. Now I'm seeing it for the first time, I believe. That is a very nice-looking implementation.

As for the PR-EX, Mr. Sano had plans to bring it back into production, or perhaps an updated version of it using multiple voice coils. (Back in the mid-1970s Exact had not yet hit upon the idea of using dual voice coils in a fullrange driver.) But he lacked the self-discipline to make the business venture with Feastrex work -- he was taking far too much time to produce far too few goods for the amount of money that he had been given to work with -- and the same happened with a subsequent venture that he entered into with another company. It's frustrating because he has had people with deep pockets come knock on his door and give him every opportunity to recapture the glory of those earlier days and he has frittered those opportunities away. I'm glad that at least he served as a catalyst to get Feastrex moving ahead with their ongoing venture. He frustrated the folks at Feastrex to no end, and they ended up dropping some of his drivers' distinctive features, but if it hadn't been for Exact, there would never have been a Feastrex.

So I very strongly doubt that Mr. Sano will ever bring these back into production. He can't do it without the cooperation of many parties who will no longer have anything to do with him.

By the way, I posted the picture here because the other day Feastrex's Mr. Teramoto forwarded me an email from a fellow in Canada who said he was trying to find information about a huge and amazing-sounding Japanese fullrange driver that his father had heard in Lebanon (!) in the 1970s, and since it looked somewhat like some of the Feastrex fullranges he wondered if perhaps someone at Feastrex had been involved. He said the weight was about 30kg each. From the description and the period I thought it could only have been these units.

Somebody somewhere here in Japan must have a pair of these monster units, and if I ever manage to get wind of them, I'd go anywhere in Japan to have a chance to see and hear them.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.