Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Bybee and Lowthers.

I use Bybee filters in multiple places in my system. I like the effect and feel they are worth the money.

Others call it BS....except that most Audio BS does not come with a money back guarantee.

John Curl is a fan of the Bybee filters IN CERTAIN APPLICATIONS. I don't remember which. But as someone with a good deal of experience in audio I might Ping him on one of the others forums and ask his opinion.

I was reading through this forum because I just purchased a pair of Cain and Cain Noogi as desktop speakers for a friend of mine and have decided that I will take the plunge into a nice pair of single driver speakers for myself in a second system. I will certainly TRY the Bybee filters there, but since I am just starting my search I will probably not get back to you before you make any decisions on them.

In the case of the Bybee's being soldered directly on to the speaker leads, they are inexpensive enough that they are certainly WORTH trying. You only need ONE per speaker, on the positive lead, and for the single driver speakers they would recommend the less expensive "small" filters so you would save a few bucks more there as well.

Contempt prior to investigation is a COMMON issue with Bybee gear. As John Curl has mentioned, they ARE system dependent. In some systems they work great and others less so. Pretty rare to hear overall negative comments, though.

Give'em a shot I would say and post your impressions!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Bybee and Lowthers. - waldenpuddle 11:31:00 02/10/07 (4)

You can not post to an archived thread.