Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: A couple of AJ-Horn modeling questions

how does one best model a rubber throat with fast initial flare as in Klipsch Belle?
> you just reduce the throat size to area in sq cm you want

are series BP & BP-horn cases 'SOL'?
> No, you can model anything- including an open baffle

how would one model the following hitbox which has a straight section lowpass tube before its flared vent?

When you click on "Radius in cm", you will see a curve of the expanding horn, or vent. Just calculate the expanding area to width of the box you are intending to build. You can not make multiple flares like you can in hornresponse. I have found that AJ horn does a better job of predicting results..I have checked it against AkaBak.

Note on the driver menu, you can import any driver into that particular model.
take care when doing a frontloaded horn that the impedance does not go screwy. If you model a horn, you will see that you can get seemingly better results- but the impedance is way out of line.
It is possible to get good results by fooling with the throat and rear chamber. Also very interesting to see which type of flare does what. I have there is almost no condition that a Hypex horn works better than a conical, or exponential. try it

Bill

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.