Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: multi driver reflex

Thanks Bill,
My goal would be between 6 in an enclosure.
Wont go very tall (per enclosure).

Not to bore you but this will be the experiment: (Do this all the time and 1 in 20 does something useful)

3 speakers wide and 2 to layers high making 6 in an enclosure.
Each of the 3 wide will have its own horn (all identical of course).

The horns of all three will meet up at the mouth. The horns narrow in width and expand in height. The mouth will be 3 and 1/2" wide when all three meet together side by side. The sq inch of the mouth will of course be more than the throat but not by much.
Going 2 layers high this would be 6 drivers and a box about 22" high.

The goal is to see:
1) If comb filtering can be eliminated by the closeness (and narrowness of the horns) in the side by side placement. Allowing if successfully a line array of 3 wide instead of the mandatory 1 wide (because of comb filtering).
2) To see at what point if at any point the sheer number of drivers can catch up in sensitivity to the horns thus create a wide range reasonably flat response.

Would rather not have to enclose just 3 speakers at a time for bass reflex potential problems.

I've got 16 car speakers to play with that I bought at a flee market. So still very far from ordering a bunch of Alpha 8 speakers.
Usually use 1/4" mdf and hot glue for most small horn experiments. Goes pretty fast really.

In any case nothing really seems to be a wast of time. Always something to learn even when they fail.
Any thoughts are always well come.
Barry

PS
BTW Bill thanks very much for the previous advice you gave me here at this forum. Went with 2 delta 12LF (instead of 1 3015LF), 2 beta 8 and APT 80. They (at the church I built them for) were very pleased with the sound.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.