Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Check out this link

I have included a link to a speaker that I think will be easy to build and will make use of the parts you already have. I would however advise bi-amping with your parts.

Now I know you are ready to move on from the lowthers but I ask you at least wait until we exchange emails. I have a friend who runs the lowther on an open baffle and IMHO it beats the crap out of my not cheap 18sound horn/compression driver and audax pr170mo mid. Plus it is nice not to have a crossover in the important areas. The lowther can be made to run near 100 to 10khz flat and without shout and honk. But I can't go into details in public and I highly doubt you would discover the right parts thru trail and error. We damn sure couldn't. So I totally understand why you might be fed up with the lowthers. If in the end you still don't like the lowther you will not have wasted much money and the augie is a fine choice for open baffle bass. It was specially optimized for just that job and the curves show the difference.

If you decide to buy the augie let me know as I am interested and I think my friend is too so perhaps we can volume buy and get a better price.

Russ
P.S. Open up a nice bottle of wine, relax and enjoy the buzz, and persaude the wife that you need some tender love and servicing:)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Check out this link - Russ57 14:02:32 02/08/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.