Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Days ?

hey chaco-

well.. opinions are like the proverbial bunghole..

what electronics would you be pairing the speaks you want to, what music do you listen to, and what're your sonic goals? it's tough to give recommendations for the same reason-- everybody has a different idea of 'what's great'!

personally, i use all tubes, prefer softer sounding speaks with oil caps, a small altec bass bin and a 1 3/4" comp driver, mostly vinyl. i don't value 'detail' for the sake of detail-- but prefer better texture and lack of hardness ('musicality'), and am glad to sacrifice 'detail' for an easier presentation-- which hopefully other decisions in the chain help compensate for. i use a trioded el34 amp from the mid 50's. i really like altecs for all of the aforementioned reasons-- and like to compare it all to a better version of the magnavox el84 console or KLH's i grew up with, for better or worse!

so that's what informs MY ears, more or less-- any impressions of where you'd like to go would help folks give you options forward-- cause without that, they're just.. well.. like the many other stinky opinions out there.. i think most are glad to help best they can!
:).

d

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Days ? - stuck.wilson@gmail.com 09:02:37 02/05/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.