Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: --- Ben Hur

Ben Hur-age.

I was thinking about that kind of macro ability. I got a new cartridge recently that put a lot more grunt into the macro dynamics than i'd been used to with vinyl.
I noticed it even running the puny philips, which with 40w behind them at something like 97dbw IIRC with super light moving mass could grok the dynamics in the sense that the large scale transients would have something behind them if not actual air displacement. Something like running a supercharger on a long stroke small inline-four i guess. My problem with the big speakers (drivers and crossovers, not cabs) has always been the turbo lag effect, unless you have really powerful amp you just plain have a lot of moving mass that doesn't want to start. I guess damping factor sure helps with heavy cones, something like an anti-lag system. I guess what i've been looking for is more the small displacement naturally aspirated V8, light and balanced, and if done right plenty strong. In speaker terms i'm not sure what that is, but it has maintained my soft spot for really large compression drivers and 12" ish coaxials. I really like to stick with the integration/coherence/wholeosity and i think that's the Naturally aspirated bit/midrange driver based. If any of that makes sense.
Some people like their 4884 Pacific steam locomotives.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: --- Ben Hur - Dominic 00:27:47 02/03/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.