Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Does this sound like a scam?

Ok I know this isn't really about high efficiency speakers but then it is in a way.

I decided the other day to go in a different direction and sell my Lowther DX-3's.

Well I posted an add in the classifieds here on AA. That same day I received an e-mail from someone who claimed they were interested but would like me to send them more information. This I did. Then the individual contacted me again and agreed to my price. So far, so good. But then they added in the caveat that they would arrange for the drivers to be picked up by "their" mover.

Huh?

I then e-mailed back that what made the most sense to me was for me to crate them up and ship them via Fed Ex ground.

No dice, they again insisted that their "mover" who was going around picking up material for them anyway, could stop by and retrieve the Lowther's.

Who has a "mover" traipsing around the country picking things up for them? This seems odd as hell to me.

The potential buyer lives in South Carolina allegedly.

Now I really hope I'm not being paranoid, and the last thing I wish to do is defame someone unfairly, but this doesn't feel right for some reason.

Oh they won't share their AA moniker so far either.

I've told them that if they'll send a cashiers check, and if the check is in order, then their "mover" can come get them.

What do you guys think about this?

Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Does this sound like a scam? - Rick Barton 12:43:13 02/02/07 (25)

You can not post to an archived thread.