Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: not this one !

Greets!

Well, typically the large Altec dual 515 80 Hz horns were used with the appropriate multi-cells XO'd at 500 Hz, so I guess my question is just how 'real' can your budget/floor space afford? Really, most folks are satisfied with M19 style speakers or at most, A7s, though some step up to A5s and a very few some variation of the original systems like I had once upon a time. Nowadays I find the dual 515Bs in large corner loaded EBS MLTL cabs with 511s on top suffice since I no longer sit far enough away to justify the large horns/separate LF system. Regardless, in each case a very low Fs, Qts wide BW 15" was used, so yes, this is what I recommend. FWIW mine measure ~20 Hz/0.2 Qts.

WRT getting a flat response, the objective is to design the horn so that it rolls off up high at a rate to ~blend with the driver's rising response/break-up peaking and why the Altec horns have such large throats/short pathlengths.

GM

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: not this one ! - GM 09:38:08 02/02/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.