Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Anyone have info on sunlight engineering se 308 coaxail 18in?

There was a guy in Rome, GA who had a pair for sale several years ago...I can't remember his name, but he owned a small manufacturing business in that town and also was a historical musician--the Civil War being his specialty--if this will help you track him down. His were the very ones owned by Harvey Rosenberg and the subject of his enthusiastic article on the Triode Guild webwite. I was interested in them, but we never made a deal. IIRC, they had a very high Qts so needed a version of an open baffle to work properly. Supposedly, Harvey had them mounted on a pair of solid oak doors. They were beautifully made and, with the correct crossover, would probably have been great performers. Said to be 100dB+ efficient from 30Hz up.

They used either a JBL 375 or a copy thereof, so I guess whatever crossover appropriate for this driver to blend with the beaming of an 18" woofer...perhaps 750-800 Hz with asymmetrical slopes a'la Tannoy dual concentric practice.

David

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.