Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Basshorn impedance

But I'm not necessarily talking about "undersized" horns, actually SHORT PATHWAY horns, in particular BUT I should add that I'm refering to1/8th space horns, too, as in the case of the Jubilee. Correct mouth size for the Fc, large throat area = short pathway, well under 1/4 Fc wavelength down to around a meter in length.

In such a case, annulled drivers and multiple flare rates can get you where you want to go, and in a wideband manner, too.

We've all seen Olson's seminal work regarding foreshortened horns in "Acoustic Engineering", etc., I'd point out that he noted that changing the throat size had much less effect than changing the mouth size, for instance, on the overall reactance. But then those examples were single flare-rate horns and were not annulled considering the "new" larger throat size (changes as a lessening of acoustic resistance), either, which would likely have an potentially exploitable effect.

DM

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.