Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Basshorn impedance

Indeed. I just didn't want anyone to get confused as it shows frequency (of course).

However, where this all toes the accepted theory line, how does one explain the performance of the Klipsch Jubilee (in particular) which has a remarkably wide USABLE bandwidth AND high efficiency AND small size (relatively speaking) for a 38Hz Fc bass horn? It is literally remarkable, and what - nobody here knows about it or they choose to ignore it as a matter of convienience?

It is nothing remarkable in the design, per se, we all know what combinations it employs. It is just well-founded horn design with a really outstanding response due to the choices that were made! For its intended purpose and market niche it is going to be hard to beat.

That's why I don't buy all this at face value, although everything said is technically true, but the implied limitations are not QUITE true - if what is being said about the limitations is true, then what about the Jubilee? Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely NOT a fan of 12" drivers... but the level of performance is nothing to scoff at, and that is a bonifide fact. Kiss goodbye to the 3-octave rule for bass horns, it's dead and gone, my friends.

DM

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.