Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Hey Charlie, overall are you considering...........

I'm pretty pleased with it as it is. I mainly wanted to check out the whole concept of active crossovers without spending much and the Pyle/Pyramid certainly accomplishes that. I'd used active crossovers occasionally when I used to do live sound mixing but I wanted to have one to play with at home. The kit mentioned above might be better but then you have to assemble it. If you want plug and play the Pyle works quite well. The system I'm using it with is probably a bit unusual. I picked up a pair of old furniture style cabinets a while back that have some Bozaks installed in them. These are the early Bozaks with the paper cone tweeters mounted in front of the woofer. I never liked the sound of the tweeters so I disconnected them and I'm running the the cabinet with the back removed so its kind of an open baffle of sorts. For mids and highs I'm using a pair of Genesis V6 cabinets - 6 1/2" woofer and inverted dome tweeter in a ported cabinet with its passive internal crossover. Using a Pilot SA-260 EL-34 amp for the Bozak and a Pilot 500 EL-84 amp on the Genesis. At some point I'll try some other speakers and use it as a 3-way. . . . . Charlie

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Hey Charlie, overall are you considering........... - FlaCharlie 13:59:33 01/29/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.