Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Ponderings Re: How does this sound....... Silver Iris, bi-amped using....

Hey Rick,

Just looking at specs, and never having heard the stuff, I don't see any show stoppers.

The Pyramid lists a THD of 0.01% and 2nd order filters, so it's at least trying. I do like the RCA jacks instead of the BNC/balanced, which would require adaptors for most. And the adjustability is nice, to find the best configuration. And it's frickin' cheap--Amazon has it refurbished for $55.

I suggest you buy one and give us a full report! :D

And, likewise not having heard it (big help I am), the Silver Iris "sounds" like a lot of bang for the buck.

If that's your goal--bang for the buck--Pyramid/Silver Iris seems reasonable.

I'm planning on the same idea, but maybe a notch more expensive--

Fostex FE166E and dual Dayton 15" Open Baffle Subwoofers per open baffle, and the DCX2496 ULTRADRIVE PRO DIGITAL CROSSOVER (paste!) which has a ton of flexibility, does equalization, and directly accepts a bitstream, allowing just one DA conversion (and no AD) in the playback chain. (Haven't heard them either--just take me out and shoot me.)

Your components seem like a good entry-level shot at the same idea.

But I've been wrong before, which is why I hope you'll report your experiences!

Best,

George

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Ponderings Re: How does this sound....... Silver Iris, bi-amped using.... - Dr Deville 01:21:21 01/29/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.