Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Pyle/Pyramid Active Crossover

I picked up one of these a while back to play around with active crossovers on the cheap. Mine is the Pyle version (PYX-3X) but it is the same as the Pyramid. I've been pleased with its performance, although I don't have any experience with other active crossovers to compare it with. I chose it over the other similarly priced units by Behringher after reading some complaints from owners about the reliability of the Behringers. One thing I like about the Pyle/Pyramid (same company I think) is that it has RCA inputs/outputs (and also 1/4") so it's more compatible with a typical home stereo system than the ones that use only 1/4" and balanced inputs. The only thing I don't really like about it is that the crossover frequency points are preset not continuously adjustable. It seems very quiet though, but again, no experience with other designs. I'm also not using them with high efficiency drivers. I've only used mine as a 2-way up to now. . . . Charlie

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.